Annapurna Base Camp Trek also popularly known as Annapurna Sanctuary Trek is 13 days long Nepal Trekking Package from Kathmandu. This adventurous journey begins by 7-hour drive (206 km) up to Pokhara for the first day. En-route there is an option to do White Water River Rafting at Trisuli River. Or visit Manakamana Temple (Wish Fulfiling Goddess) via Nepal's first Cable Car Operator at Kuringtar, after 100 km from Kathmandu.
Next day drive for an hour and a half up to the Nayapul (means New Bridge in English). This is the hiking starting point for Annapurna Base Camp Trek. Prepare the backpacks and start to walk for 4 hours. This day destination will be Tikhedhunga. On this trek, you will also get an opportunity to view the sunrise from Poon Hill - the very famous hill station to observe snow-capped Annapurna Range Himalayas. After hiking for another 4 days, you will reach the base of Annapurna Mountains. The trek can be considered as easy and you can also bring your children together.
Annapurna Base Camp Hiking finished at Nayapul and drive back to Pokhara. You will get an extra rest day at Pokhara before heading back to Kathmandu. Pokhara is popular for caves, lakes, and temples. Some popular sightseeing places at Pokhara are Bindabasini Temple, Seti Gandaki River, Mahendra Cave, Bats Cave, International Mountain Museum, Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave, Devi's Fall, Barahi Temple at Fewa Lake, International World Peace Pagoda and Sarangkot. Paragliding, Zip Flyer, Bungy Jumping, Ultra Light Fight are additional adventures activities to do at Pokhara.
Annapurna Base Camp Trekking Highlight
- A picturesque drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
- Sunrise view from Ghorepani Poon Hill.
- Annapurna Massif view in short period of time.
- Fit for beginner trekkers.
- Nearest view of Mount Hiunchuli (6441m.), Annapurna South (7229m.), Annapurna I (8091m.), Annapurna III (7555m.), Gangapurna (7454m. ) and Machhapuchhare or Fish Tail (6997m.)
- Day 01: Kathmandu to Pokhara(910m/2986ft.)
- Day 02: Drive to Nayapul (New bridge), and trek to Tikhe Dhunga (1495m/4905ft).
- Day 03: Trek to Ghorepani (2850m/9350ft).
- Day 04: Morning sunrise view from Poon Hill and hike to Tadapani (2520m/8268ft).
- Day 05: Trek Tadapani to Sinuwa (2310m/7579ft).
- Day 06: Trek Sinuwa to Deurali (3150m/10335ft).
- Day 07: Trek Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4090m/13418ft).
- Day 08: Trek Annapurna Base Camp to Dovan (2600m/8580ft). Walking 5:30 hours.
- Day 09: Trek Dovan to Chhomrong (2110m/6923ft).
- Day 10: Trek Chhomrong to Ghaundrung (1940m/6365ft).
- Day 11: Trek from Ghaundrung to Nayapul then drive to Pokhara (910m/2986ft).
- Day 12: Rest day at Pokhara.
- Day 13: Drive back from Pokhara to Katmandu by tourist bus.
Airport pick up and drop by our private car.
Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) (Note: A.P Plan) during the trek.
All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
All the necessary ground transportation.
An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter and their food, drinks, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax etc.
All necessary paper works and national park entry permits & TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
All government taxes.
Lunch and dinner at Kathmandu.
Laundry, telephone calls, Bar Bills ( Mineral Water, cold drinks, whisky, beer etc),
Emergency evacuation if required, donation, tips and all personal nature expenses.
Gloves with a waterproof shell outer.
Fleece or wool trousers/pants.
Trekking boots with spare laces.
Thick, warm wool hiking socks (4).
Footwear for around tea house, eg running shoes and/or sandals.